1. Isabel Marant: three words – French, fearless, creative. Love this interview of her.
2. New blog discoveries: Theforestfeast, besottedblog, Roostblog, and a few more.
3. Swedish House Mafia’s Dont your worry my child. I dont think i like their other numbers nearly as much.
4. This post by Rodney Smith. This list tells so much about the man, and the rest of the blog is an affirmation to it all.
5. Entertaining mom. Taking her around. Learning from her. Getting her to try raw food. Dragging her around in the malls and grocery stores. We bought 30 pounds of groceries and ate them all in two weeks. I believe i am living in a food coma.
6. Smitten Kitchen ! And this post about her kitchen setup. I got over my sweet tooth after my teenage years. Looking at these pictures makes me want to bake again. But no, i dont think i want to feed my loved ones food loaded with sugars and other random things, so i need to come up with substitues or go back to my dear old Angela from Oh She Glows for my baking inspiration. I love the food photography on Smitten Kitchen, makes me hungry and want to make things she shows. It made me go thought it all back to back.
7. The hunt for that perfect healthy brownie recipie: i have some short listed. The top contenders are a gluten free bean based and teff flour based recipe. I am going to give it a try next month.
8. Dan Eldon. Always and forever a huge fan of him.
9. I read this book called Lessons from Madame Chic. I loved it. Its an easy read. And some insight into the life of one particular French family. My obsession with everything that is French made me read it. I have it on my Kindle. I can lend it to anyone who wants to read it, comment if you want a copy.
Reading this book and Rodney Smiths post on Paris has had a lot of influence on my style. My house is cleaner. My closet more organized. My food neurosis has reduced.
10. My macbook. Its endured so much and has so much to give ! I am in awe with this well made laptop. My mom gave me her old ipad ! I have a dedicated kindle app and no longer read on my macbook. Its quite nice ! I am thinking of buying myself a subscription to Next Issue, the ultimate Netflix like place for magazines.
11. Yann Tiersen – Les Retrouvailles. Amazing French music alert ! Please do listen if you are music junkie.
12. Same sex marriage argument moves to the Supreme Court. I am proud to be a part of the generation that is pushing for these rights. I cant believe they use procreation as the argument and as a reason to veto same sex marriage. I loved how they brought up denying marriage licences for man-women couples above 55 since they have a slim chance of being fertile. I hope we win. I dont understand why conservatives need to dictate others happiness to be happy.
13. A Fashion Splurge: Nude Ankle Boots from Free People! I am a boots and flats person. I now have boots that i can wear in the summer. And they are super bike friendly.
14. Pictures of Aarna that reach my inbox. Thank you sista !
15. Its spring in Az. Running, yoga and climbing mountains are a part of my life again. I have been doing a lot of it.
16. My work ! I did some case studies with my end to end system. The individuals with visual impairment had amazingly kind things to say about it. They loved my work. I was on cloud 9 on the days when i would conduct experiments. Also, spending time with them, i have to say that i have learnt a lot.
17. Mom helped me clean up the entire house. And re-arrange the kitchen. I love spending time and experimenting in my kitchen even more.
Not so fav:
1. I havent done much work this month. I am torn between spending time with mom and working.
2. Upcoming demise of Google Reader.
- – - -
Image Sources: 1. Vogue. 2,3. Screenshot from my kindle. 4. Wikipedia. 5. Stole it from someones Facebook. 6. Free Peoples website.